Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Miss Universe 2007: Riyo Mori of Japan

Riyo Mori


I guess this is the first Miss Universe Pageant that I had recently watched since the year 2002. Well, I guess one probable reason for me to watch the pageant is that it was aired in one of the most competitive t.v. stations in our country, ABS-CBN. It's not that it is the second or third time ABS-CBN hosted the broadcast of the pageant but I think it's the wide influence of the press, media, which says that this year's Miss Universe pageant is most likely favorable to our Asian candidates. This year's favorites are Miss Korea, Miss Thailand, Miss Japan (to name a few) and other Latin countries. Actually, my real bet for the crown is Korea's representative, Honey Lee and my second bet is Miss Japan, Riyo Mori. The reason why I chose the two is because of their classic Asian beauty and their sweet,cute attitude. To tell you honestly, I prefer Miss Korea to win the title but it's really good to know that Miss Japan got the crown instead, I really like them both but I guess Miss Korea has a slightly better affection than Miss Japan for me. But I really like them both! :P
During the final judgement of the pageant, the top 5 candidates were named. I'm so glad to know that my two beautiful bets were included :) Miss Korea was crowned 3rd Runner-up. When Miss Japan and Miss Brazil were the last two candidates remaining, I thought that Miss Japan is only the 1st Runner-up (it's because of Riyo Mori's face expression of gladly accepting that Miss Brazil is the new Miss Universe) but when the announcer had spoken, I just couldn't believe what I've heard. Japan's Riyo Mori is the new Miss Universe of the year 2007. I can still make a picture in my head how cute she was when she learned that she won the title (she's really shocked and couldn't believe for herself). I guess one major reason for winning the title is during her final interview. The question was, "What is the one lesson learned as a child that still affects her life today", she responded with a greeting "Hola, Mexico!" and after that, she said "Dancing..." blah blah blah, and I was amazed by her last sentence when she said that, "I learned how to always be happy, to be patient and to be positive, and this is what I want to teach to the next generation." What a clever response (despite naming dancing as her first answer and then relating it to her final answer). I've got some pictures of her at the bottom of this article. Sayonara!


No comments: