Monday, May 28, 2007

A Ruined Dream



Last week, I told my parents to get a DSL service in our house. They already agreed to my proposal and I was told that I can apply for a DSL service in the PLDTmyDSL website. I was so happy to know that in the coming days, I will have a DSL on my PC. Days have past and after a week, we recieve a phonecall asking where's our exact location. My father was the one who entertain the call. Knowing the fact that the DSL service can be installed in our house in the next few hours, I became very happy. But suddenly, our bill of Meralco had arrive. My mother saw our bill is Php5000+. She can't imagine that because we bought a new refrigirator, our electric bill arouses. Anyway, that little incident had brought somehow a second thought in having a DSL. Early in the afternoon, the team of DSL technicians arrived. They told my mom that the Php999 amount is just for the DSL service itself. The payment does not include our phone bill which is about Php800+. She had a second thought in installing the service and later decides to back off. So, those DSL technicians went off when my mom told them that she changed her mind because of some financial stability problems. My mother told me that she thought the DSL service and our phone's bill will only be Php999 (Those PLDT adds in t.v. are quite confusing) that's why she agreed on my proposal. But then, I also realized that I still doesn't have a money earning job so that I can contribute in our daily expenses. I understand their situation to cancel the installation of the DSL. Right now I'll still be using internet cards for the mean time. I hope that our Meralco bill didn't came to our house that early so that we could have a DSL installed! :P But I think everything happens for a reason that's why right now I set aside my dreams in using a fast internet connection and say hello to my old 56k Modem.

No comments: