Saturday, January 12, 2008

Nobuta wo Produce (A must-watch JDorama!)

Nobuta wo Produce


Last time I've been adicted in watching horror movies and then after some time I've switched watching Korean and Japanese series. One series that really makes me feel thankfull that I'm alive is Nobuta wo Produce. It is a story about true friendship, love, being confident and independent. I haven't finished the series yet but it trully inspires me and made me value my old memories whether it's good or bad. The series is not drama all the way. It contains some humors and crazy stuffs that everybody can enjoy. The story goes like this, a girl named Kotani Nobuko transfered high school. She is the type of person who is always shy and somewhat called a " loner" and wherever school and place she went to, she is always bullied. She has no friends and the only friend that she think she got is her doll. When she transfered high school, she met two guys, Shuji and Akira. After seeing Nobuko being picked on by her female classmates, Shuji and Akira decided to change the way people treat Nobuko. They decided to make Nobuko the most popular female in their school. They call it producing Nobuko. They thought that Nobuko's name is kinda odd so Akira, Shuji and Nobuko name herself as Nobuta. In Japan, buta means "pig" which Shuji made by a piece of cloth to repair Nobuko's necktie in episode 1. The producer will be Shuji who is currently the most popular guy in school. They planned it secretly and vowed not to tell anybody about thier plans. Maybe you're thinking it's another one of your average high school Japanese comedy series but it's not. That's what I think before watching some of it's episodes. But believe me, it's truly inspiring and I wish I had true friends like them. It is a transformation of Nobuko who is a shy-type to a Nobuta who is socially capable of getting into the real world. I also like the way the story goes from drama to some sort of comedy. The actors and actresses are really great specially Maki Horikita who is playing Kotani Nobuko. She's also Ashiya Mizuki in Hana Kimi (Japan Version) which is also a hilarious series. I can say that she's really cute and she is versatile in acting concluding from Nobuta wo Produce to her superb acting in Hana Kimi from 2007. I really recommend this series for people who are bored in life and may think that they are alone in this world. It will teach us to appreciate little things that life could bring. Somehow I can relate to Nobuta because I've got somehow the same personality in my childhood :P For me this is one of the best comedic drama ever created. The storyline is good, cinematography is good and casting is superb! I've posted some screen caps on my post! You must watch it! A must-see JDorama! Sayonara!



No comments: